Tax Planning is about more than just getting your return filed once a year. It is a critical element of wealth creation and preservation. After all, it’s not how much you make, it’s how much you keep.
We prioritize proactive planning to avoid any unwanted surprises year over year, minimizing your long-term effective tax rate. Along with Financial Planning, we offer clients the opportunity to meet after tax season to discuss any tax developments during the year and plan ahead for the rest of the year through our affiliate Bennett Stein, CPA LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do You Mean By "Fee-Only" and "Fiduciary"?
- Fee-Only means that we charge clients based on a flat percentage of Assets Under Management (AUM) fee. The larger the amount of Assets Under Management, the lower the percentage charged. At Stein Financial, we feel that this aligns our interests with client interests. If you do better, we do better, and vice versa. We don’t collect commissions or payments for recommending financial products. As a fiduciary, we are obligated to put our clients’ interests first as we manage their funds. We feel like this is the most ethical, win-win way of doing business in our industry.
What do You Mean by "Value Investing"?
- A value investor seeks to purchase securities (stocks and/or bonds) at a discount to their intrinsic value. Stocks and bonds can trade at a discount for a variety of reasons (bear market, out-of-fashion industry, misunderstood, etc.). Eventually, the security should return to (or exceed) its underlying value, enabling the investor to earn a superior return over time.
Since Stein Financial does Value Investing, do you not buy "Growth" stocks?
- We believe that some stocks labelled as "Growth" are actually great value propositions, and thus great potential long-term purchases. We use our own judgment and analyze any investment based on fundamentals, not labels by the media or any publication.
I just need tax planning/prep or financial planning. Can your firm help us out?
- Stein Financial can do tax services and/or standalone financial planning for a flat fee.
Does your firm have a minimum requirement for portfolio management?
- We do not have an absolute minimum requirement for client funds to be managed. However, we feel that our services are most efficient for households with $500,000 or more in investable assets. Regardless, if you have questions, feel free to give us a call, schedule a meeting or stop by, we’d love to chat!