Stein Financial LLC has an extensive background in business valuation, and valuation is the cornerstone of our investment and portfolio management philosophy. We also use our valuation background to help small and medium-sized business owners.
The purchase or sale of a privately-held business can be the most important financial event in one’s lifetime. A business valuation engagement can offer clarity for where you stand and assist in making the best possible decision for you and your family. There are many other purposes for a business valuation, including but not limited to:
- Estate, Gift, and Income Taxes
- Marital Dissolution
- ESOP, ISO Situations
- Stockholder Disputes
- Litigation & Insurance Claims
- Charitable Contributions
Bennett Stein, firm Founder and Owner, has an extensive background in Business Valuation, and holds the Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) credential from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. Please give us a call, we would love to put our expertise to work for you!
Business Valuation services provided by Bennett Stein, CPA LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do You Mean By "Fee-Only" and "Fiduciary"?
- Fee-Only means that we charge clients based on a flat percentage of Assets Under Management (AUM) fee. The larger the amount of Assets Under Management, the lower the percentage charged. At Stein Financial, we feel that this aligns our interests with client interests. If you do better, we do better, and vice versa. We don’t collect commissions or payments for recommending financial products. As a fiduciary, we are obligated to put our clients’ interests first as we manage their funds. We feel like this is the most ethical, win-win way of doing business in our industry.
What do You Mean by "Value Investing"?
- A value investor seeks to purchase securities (stocks and/or bonds) at a discount to their intrinsic value. Stocks and bonds can trade at a discount for a variety of reasons (bear market, out-of-fashion industry, misunderstood, etc.). Eventually, the security should return to (or exceed) its underlying value, enabling the investor to earn a superior return over time.
Since Stein Financial does Value Investing, do you not buy "Growth" stocks?
- We believe that some stocks labelled as "Growth" are actually great value propositions, and thus great potential long-term purchases. We use our own judgment and analyze any investment based on fundamentals, not labels by the media or any publication.
I just need tax planning/prep or financial planning. Can your firm help us out?
- Stein Financial can do tax services and/or standalone financial planning for a flat fee.
Does your firm have a minimum requirement for portfolio management?
- We do not have an absolute minimum requirement for client funds to be managed. However, we feel that our services are most efficient for households with $500,000 or more in investable assets. Regardless, if you have questions, feel free to give us a call, schedule a meeting or stop by, we’d love to chat!